I’ve never understood why people find it hard to shake off an addiction. All you have to do is stop doing whatever you’re hooked on to. I know this may be oversimplifying the situation, but in effect that is what you’re supposed to do. However, what if a situation arises when not doing anything becomes the problem? Then you’ll definitely have to do something to shake off the addiction. This appears to be a lot tougher than anything else I can think of. From what I see, laziness is the grandmother of all addictions, far more serious than cigarettes, drugs or any other obsessive craving.
I’d like to see the government treat laziness with the amount of seriousness it deserves. There should be rehabilitation programs dedicated to the cause. It’ll be nice to check out a laziness rehab center. Instead of TV lounges and therapy you’d have sport facilities and career counseling. I’d voluntarily signup anytime. Not that it sounds fun, but because I probably need it more than anyone else.
I’d also like to see Lazy-asses Anonymous meetings held. Maybe if I attend a few I’d realize how stupid I’ve been after listening to some sorry little dweeb telling everyone how he’s been wasting all his years clicking the remote and surfing the web. That would knock some sense into me.
The problem with this, though, is that you’re always a recovering addict. No matter how much you’ve changed, one day of relaxation can cause the suppressed system to trigger back on and then its hello couch and goodbye life again. The only way I see it is no relaxation and you should be fine.
Ok, so now I’ve made a decision. Writing this post has given me a small kick up my behind. I think I’ve had enough of this pampered life of no work and all play, its time for some action… beginning tomorrow, of course.
1 comment:
ye shall never relinquish the membership of brotherhood of slachelors. the couch await-eth.
Post a Comment