I thought the summer would be fun. I even made a list of things I planned on doing (see 'The Graduate'). As you would have guessed, I have yet to complete, or should I say, even start anything. As always, I have something to blame it on... it's too damn friggin' hot!
All this heat and not going outdoors and practically doing nothing leaves me with the telly again. Sigh. Everytime I come back home, I promise myself to minimize my television viewing but I eventually end up doing nothing but stare at the idiot box. But I must admit, I am enjoying it to a certain degree. There are a number of shows that I can't wait to watch everyday, namely 'the Drew Carey show' and 'who's line is it anyway'. And then there's all that sport going on. Let me see... Wimbledon, cricket in England, Formula 1, the confederations cup... its too much to ask for!
With the Ashes coming up I think its going to be one hell of a series. England, after a really long time can give some fight to the Aussies, but I still think that Australia hold the upper hand. It more or less comes down to how England play McGrath and Warne. One thing England desperately lacks is a quality spinner in their ranks, Ashley Giles is no where near quality. Isn't Ashley a girl's name? Anyway, I can't wait for the Ashes to start... atleast I'll have something substantial to watch on tv, instead of flippin' channels all day.
Yes, yes... surfing channels is the best way to pass on the summer and to beat the heat.
One thing I am ashamed of is that I have started liking orkut. Every night I log on to it, quietly hoping that some one has scrapped me a two-line message asking me how my job hunt is going. I am certainly not an addict as yet, infact, I don't quite understand what is there to get addicted to. Its all quite boring after a few minutes of clicking and viewing. However, orkut has definitely become the latest addition to my daily online routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment